Vision & Values
We are an ambitious and growing charity; this is our vision and we are passionate about growing the services we offer to families bereaved of a child.
Our vision is to give hope to families bereaved of a child by providing a range of services that support grieving families and encourage them to rebuild and remember.
We do this through Bodie’s Bereavement Service and our projects.
Our 2-Part Mission
1. To provide family and child centered services
- We offer early therapeutic support to newly bereaved families
- Work with siblings to explore their grief
- Make memories
- Encourage Conversations about death
2. To raise awareness of the facts about Organ Donation Run Organ Donation Education Programme to schools and businesses.
- Ensure every family in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland who experiences the death of a child have access to support.
- Expand Bodie’s Bereavement Service Work in Partnership with other organisations.
- Educate families, schools and professionals.
We are a valued driven charity, and we use our core values to drive the decisions that we make as an organisation, and you will see our values in the way we support our families, in our day-to-day work and with our team.
Being there for families as they build the strength to see a future; by encouraging them to rebuild while always remembering. We are dedicated to providing families with the resources and guidance they need to rebuild and strengthen their bonds.
You will be met with compassion by our whole team. We act with care and empathy and meet individuals where they are at in their grief journey. We offer a safe space to explore their grief and talk freely about their child or sibling.
We support families to become resilient because we acknowledge that grieving for a child or sibling is lifelong. We do this by offering hope and compassion to support families as they learn to carry their grief, rebuild, continue connections with their child, and always remember.
We always act with professionalism, in any situation you can be assured our actions are intentional, meaningful and caring. Our team are friendly and approachable and work hard to create a safe space for families to share their children. Our team work to high standards of confidentiality, communicate clearly and have a passion to always provide the best for those who work with us.
We love to work with other organisations, charities, and businesses to provide the best support possible to our families. We believe that a family should choose the best place for themselves to receive support as they grieve. We work in partnership with other organisations which include Child Death Overview Panel team, Schools, colleges, other bereavement charities and businesses who may provide services to us free of charge.